• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Opening Attachments That Limit Door Overtravel

FloridaAKM

Does anybody here have any pictures or information on the anchor bases & the nylon strap that limits the amount of travel on the doors of the A1 LMTV trucks. I do not think that the A0 has this feature. A set was offered to me & I can't quite figure out how it attaches to the truck side without drilling the dash to accept the double sided reinforcing plates. :?

FloridaAKM

LMTV Door Restraint.jpg

Here is a picture of it out of the box. It is missing a bolt that holds the strap to the door anchor, but that will be found later on. This addition, I have never seen before a few days ago. There are also a couple of handles to pull your self into the cab that came with the package!

coachgeo

was able to modify my A0 door limiter to work good again. Issue on mine seemed to be that one end could slide up over head of bolt (something like that. dont recall exactly).. allowing arm to come out of slide.... and even if not come "all" the way out... still open to far and hit cab.

Strategic placement of washers to make it so it could no longer slip past things and this solved the issue. That was hmm.. 2 yrs ago now?

PS- keep in mind the A1 system adds a brace to the side of the dash. Believe it is both internal to days and external brace plate. Not sure if their is access to do that on the A0. Others hopefully chime in to verify. Nut-serts might solve access issue maybe if there is no internal brace..... if there is an internal added brace.. maybe could put nut-sert in that... and use that brace as the nuts on the end..... no need to get wrench in there that way.

Last edited:

coachgeo

was able to modify my A0 door limiter to work good again. Issue on mine seemed to be that one end could slide up over head of bolt (something like that. dont recall exactly).. allowing arm to come out of slide.... and even if not come "all" the way out... still open to far and hit cab.

Strategic placement of washers to make it so it could no longer slip past things and this solved the issue. That was hmm.. 2 yrs ago now?

PS- keep in mind the A1 system adds a brace to the side of the dash. Believe it is both internal to days and external brace plate. Not sure if their is access to do that on the A0. Others hopefully chime in to verify. Nut-serts might solve access issue maybe if there is no internal brace..... if there is an internal added brace.. maybe could put nut-sert in that... and use that brace as the nuts on the end..... no need to get wrench in there that way.
found my old post on this describing it better

Third From Texas

Where did you get this kit from?
I never have seen the actual "kit". Even the A0 trucks that went back thru BAE for refresh didn't get them afaik. I've just not seen a retrofit done.

What the OP had appears to be a takeoff from an A1.

That said, a quick trip to the fab shop and a visit to a canvas place (to stitch up a strap) and....done.

coachgeo

I never have seen the actual "kit". Even the A0 trucks that went back thru BAE for refresh didn't get them afaik. I've just not seen a retrofit done.

That said, a quick trip to the fab shop and a visit to a canvas place (to stitch up a strap) and....done.
should be able to make ones from parts of ones for hummer. seen them on ebay

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

May be able to use the door straps and hardware thats on hardtop jeep full hard doors ! Looks the same !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks