• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

door striker bolt

isaacucv

My door was sagging and not latching all the way. I replaced the hinge pins and bushings, and that helped but didn't solve it completely. I got a new striker bolt with the plastic bushing, and now it works great, and the body line even matches now. I almost lost the nut on the inside, i was able to use a magnet to hold it long enough to remove the striker bolt. I then held it in place with a screwdriver and tack welded it in place just enough to hold it there. When I screwed the new one in it broke the weld which allowed me to align the striker bolt. I just got another one for the passenger side.

isaacucv

I had to replace the door. I made the mistake of trying to adjust the door side of the hinge instead of the body side. Lesson learned