• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally a Deuce Owner now!!

97Beast

This thursday I brought home my new toy. Its a 1980 w/winch, non whistler, softy. Its in pretty good shape with very little corrosion. The multi-fuel runs like a top and it made a 60 mile trip home with no issues.
I got lucky and found someone only an hour away with a ton of MVs. He was very helpful and he had plenty of neat stuff at his place. He was also nice enough to throw in some parts and an extra cab. The cab is for a little project i might have down the road.:grin:

And heres my new beast..

My one problem with the truck is that the kill switch is stuck. Anyone had this problem? I hate having to stall it in 5th to shut it off.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck, congrats! Just try oiling up the kill switch all the way down through the engine compartment and work it a bit. Some guys have had this issue and usually had to get out their truck and pull the cable from inside the engine compartment. This is just from memory mind you.

97Beast

Thanks guys! I'm proud to be an MV owner now. I got a lot to learn about this rig, so i'll be doing alot of reseacrh on this site for a long time to come.
I'm also going to work on that cable once i get some free time.

97Beast

Thanks again guys. I'm going to pull that switch apart when i get the time. It doesnt hardly budge side to side.

And yea i dont think my 97 f250 holds a candle to my 80 deuce. I think i may need a name change..:driver:

winerydale

Banned
Nice truck!!! Please don't kill the truck by puting it in 5th gear. Reach into the drivers side with a pair of pliers and grab the shut-off cable end at the pump and pull toward the drivers seat. it will shut down. The 5th gear trick will only f--k up your clutch and u joints. My 2 cents, David