• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally recovered my 10 ton...

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plymouth locomotive!

1927 Plymouth DLB 10 ton locomotive. Used in the Charleston SC Navy munitions depot. Unsure of the history after that. Found in the woods at a local Ford dealership in the late 1990's. Moved to one guys house to restore, that never happened. I got it but never had a way or need to recover it. Until now...

If I can get a bellhousing to work I am going to put an LDT on her. I have 98% of the parts including cab, sheet metal, radiator, and original Ford model TT headlights!

Soon after Bella is finished this is the next project.

And she WILL be at SSGAR 2015. So we can finally have a railroad forum.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright, I love the Ga Rally Railroad.................... but you have to restore it! Not modify it.

Here's your first picture for the rr forum

10562497_613328585446513_1311385954683524072_o.jpg

Also, Ga Rally Railroad will require a caboose. I am old enough to remember cabooses and I am super sad just seeing a FRED at the end of a train.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clint, it will be restored but the practicality of using an engine from the 20's nowadays is a no go.plus the original engine was left without a head on it for decades and was trashed. Previous owner scrapped it. Along with the bell housing.

A picture of the same model I found online

Attachments

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro, that's one cool MV. I can't wait to see that beast at D-town.

Woo Woo! Make way for the SS Express.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whistlers are ok for about 10milliseconds. Then my brain makes me escape the horrible noise.

Wreckerman, everything is done. Waiting on papers to sign. :grd:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you loading or unloading it, in the pics posted above?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DH, I was loading it in the pics. I would have taken pics of unloading but it was pretty dark by then and my phone takes awful night pics.

Unloading it was very easy once it got onto the dovetail. If it had brakes I would have ridden it off!