• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV A0 Fuel / Water Separator Fuel Bowl Heater Info

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1084A0 fuel / water separator housing was leaking at the pump diaphragm and I replaced the housing. I noticed the water separator fuel bowl had a lot of debris. Closer inspection indicated the fuel bowl heater was broken and small particles were flaking off. TM 9-2320-366-24P-1, Figure 34 shows the fuel / water separator housing fuel bowl (item #7) as part number RK22141. My local NAPA dealer shows the RK22141 in their system. However, their photo does not show the fuel bowl heater or electrical connections.

The Racor website has a brochure that seems to show the heated fuel bowl. However, the brochure part numbers do not match RK22141.

The fuel bowl heater element has part numbers imprinted on the side:

22002 04F
49 93

Internet searches for these numbers comes up blank.

I'm sure someone has already solved this problem!

Does anyone have a source for a replacement heater element only or is the entire fuel bowl required? This unit has splice crimps and heat shrink tubing covering on the electrical leads. I suspect the heater element has been replaced before.

stay safe and stay in touch,

firefinder

IMG_2290.jpgIMG_2287.jpgIMG_2292.jpgView attachment Racor_Fuel_Filtration_-_Diesel-Fuel-Heaters_-_7749.pdf