• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel gage question

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started truck today noticed the fuel gage was reading past the Empty mark, I know it has fuel as I filled it before I park it last . When turning one the main switch the gauge seems to be grounded as the level moves slightly to empty . Amy one ever seen this ? Maybe my sending unit is stuck . Was going to take it out for a ride tomorrow after I put starting wheel back on , hesitant to put it back on if I need to take dash apart and troubleshoot

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will check it in am it got dark here , I saw it was
Working the other day, who knows lol , seems they always want us to chase a bug , only thing I did different was raised the cab today and swapped out the cab suspension bags with a pair of the upgraded type

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked the resistance in the sender and all I get is OL nothing changes /

I fixed it..... I suspected the float was stuck so I removed the Phillips screws and pulled it up checked the resistance and it was present, I re-installed the sender / connected the plug, and now it is reading again

Last edited:

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI - Had a similar issue but... It ended up being one of the wires had backed out of the Packard connector when I was swapping out a sending unit. Check that connector's integrity if the issue re-surfaces.