• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Solenoid

Triton

Had to use my MEP 803 after some bad weather in Houston, went to shut down generator to check the oil and make sure everything was good. The generator was running perfectly but it would not restart, I noticed the fuel solenoid in the forward position so I pulled it back and it cranked right up. Some times the solenoid pulls back slowly and sometimes not, the linkage does not seem to be binding so I guess the solenoid is dying. Where can I find a replacement? Would a used one from a parts machine be good? It looks like Amazon is Chinese junk
Thanks

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would undo the linkage from the rotating arm on the block, and see if the spring freely pulls closed. Then articulate it fully open, and see if it naturally snaps back closed. If it doesn't, I would start to suspect a sticky metering pump (and possibly not the solenoid).

Do you have access to a parts machine?

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had to use my MEP 803 after some bad weather in Houston, went to shut down generator to check the oil and make sure everything was good. The generator was running perfectly but it would not restart, I noticed the fuel solenoid in the forward position so I pulled it back and it cranked right up. Some times the solenoid pulls back slowly and sometimes not, the linkage does not seem to be binding so I guess the solenoid is dying. Where can I find a replacement? Would a used one from a parts machine be good? It looks like Amazon is Chinese junk
Thanks
I have two parts machines that are reset units and they both have chinese fuel solenoids uncle sam bought

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't hurt cleaning up the internals. Sometimes its external buildup due to lack of use, settling of crankcase humidity mixed with oil residues, etc. Just let us know what comes of the freehand test on the rack movement first.

Triton

So I got to look at solenoid more closely and I found that the lever is in the wrong position (see pic), this may be putting the solenoid in a bind. When I move it to the correct position the lever binds on the adjustment stops. My question is does the nut that is shown in my picture go between the solenoid lever and the shut off arm to keep it from hitting the stops? Checking TM

Attachments

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Here is a video on the injection pumps & how to remove them if you need too;

I'd just prime the system with ATF & let it sit for a while when you can.

If you end up needing a solenoid, let me know. I have multiple. Moisture gets into them and causes issues over time, especially if the boot has a rip.

2Pbfeet

Here is a video on the injection pumps & how to remove them if you need too;

I'd just prime the system with ATF & let it sit for a while when you can.

If you end up needing a solenoid, let me know. I have multiple. Moisture gets into them and causes issues over time, especially if the boot has a rip.
Do you know of a source for boots?

Thanks,

2Pbfeet

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know of a source for boots?

Thanks,

2Pbfeet
There's at least one person selling good ones on the 'bay... the solenoid design itself is pretty common, believe the boots were advertised for a 12V Cummins.

My 802 came with the solenoid, blown apart on the floor of it cuz the hardware at the lever had come loose, and the boot was torn. Sticker shock at the price of a good one, and minor sticker shock at the price of a cheapo, got me looking for a fix once I figured out I had all the pieces still.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks