• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Full ATF changeover on the first shot...

Bandit02

Soooo...

I repaired my leak from the other thread with a new o-ring in the kickdown cable housing. And refilled it with ATF and a new spin-on filter.

For those who care ATF is a world of difference, smoother shifts, no hard clunk/bang from N-5 & 1-2 anymore. Very enjoyable.

Now the part most don't wanna hear. I did a complete flush in one go, didn't even replace the pan filter. The problem is how do you drain the torque converter?

1. leave the drain plug off...let it drip for about 5-6 hours
2. keep the modulator housing cover off
3. take both plugs off the tail section on the bottom by the yoke (3/8" & 1/4")
4. take off bottom trans cooler line on trans side

Run up for 5 seconds....aaaaannnnd douche it emptied that TC in 4 flat.

I refilled it up with 4.75 gallons of Pennzoil ATF and it purrs like a kitty. The fluid is a beautiful red (no 15w-40 oil to be seen).

Total cost was $100 for ATF & $5 for a filter.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks