• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ga boy built a bobber!

walkerhunter

This is by far one of the funnest things I have ever done, I drive it 3 or 4 times a week. Lots of work but I am proud of it.
1971 AM general
air shift transfer case
bobbed 36"
front springs for rear suspension
custom tube steps
relocated exhaust
24 to 12 converter
cb
inverter
battery tool box and fuel tank relocated
24 volt hella driving lights

Attachments

trukhead

Did you keep the rear drive shaft the stock length? Is the rear axle in the stock location?
Nice Truck!! Do you want to do another one? LOL!!! :eek:

walkerhunter

Thanks for all the compliments guys. The drive shaft is seven inches longer, what we did is remove the tailgate section and cut out one three foot section of bed. Before we started we measured from center of rear axel to back of frame once we cut the frame it was put back the same distance that way we ended up with the sixty forty look, 60 % of the bed in front of the tires 40% behind. We would love to do another if any one needs work done in Ga let me know, we built two of these me and rebelqwes. My faimly has been in the diesel buisness for 40 years and wes whole faimly mechanics, we both have big shops and love side work. thanks

walkerhunter

Scrapped the whole deal. I have spare tire carrier and some bump stops that is about it I figured someone would need em but i needed the money.