• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet Bizarre Truck Configuration

jake20

Hey all,

Scrolling through listings on govplanet, I'm seeing that some turbo trucks that very clearly had armored windshield now have regular windshields. These don't look old and ratty either, it looks like they were freshly installed windshields and retainers, right after the demil process.

Would it be silly to assume that govplanet is putting windshields and other basic things in some trucks just to bait the people who will pay more for seeing a windshield in the listing?

These retainers look like standard non-turbo frame retainers, and they drilled holes to line up with the different spacing of the turbo A-Pillars.

Just an observation, wondering if anyone knows or has any opinions.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey all,

Scrolling through listings on govplanet, I'm seeing that some turbo trucks that very clearly had armored windshield now have regular windshields. These don't look old and ratty either, it looks like they were freshly installed windshields and retainers, right after the demil process.

Would it be silly to assume that govplanet is putting windshields and other basic things in some trucks just to bait the people who will pay more for seeing a windshield in the listing?

These retainers look like standard non-turbo frame retainers, and they drilled holes to line up with the different spacing of the turbo A-Pillars.

Just an observation, wondering if anyone knows or has any opinions.
I don't know... So far, I don't think anybody at GovPlanet would give a darn about how much something sells for. If they actually gave a crap, then stabbing things with fork trucks and bending drive shafts wouldn't happen. But that is an OPINION and we all have one of those.

Autonomy_Lost

I've noticed for awhile that the trucks in Georgia have windshields with the old style retainers, theyve been doing that for at least a year. They also include the roof armor, while the ones in Yermo do not. Who knows the reasoning.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does it require an EUC? GP sells HMMWVs for individuals, although the background does not seem to support that theory.
I bought the Detroit from an individual on GP.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GovPlanet has been putting windshield retainers in some trucks for years, they did the same thing on the m1123’s that were armored.
In typical fashion, the retainers are only painted on one side and start to drip rust stains soon after.

jake20

GovPlanet has been putting windshield retainers in some trucks for years, they did the same thing on the m1123’s that were armored.
In typical fashion, the retainers are only painted on one side and start to drip rust stains soon after.
Alright that's good to know, I was figuring that at least someone somewhere was putting these on in hopes that people bid crazy amounts simply because the truck has windshields, same way they lose their minds when they see "150 miles" on the odo.

I spoke to guy a few months back who had won a 1987 m998 for waay over its value, couldn't stop beaming about how he got a low-mileage truck. A quick look at the truck revealed the bottom of the IP rusted as can be, all hubs spitting gear oil everywhere, flashing wait light, and many more goodies. Felt bad breaking the facts to him, but it is what it is I suppose.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright that's good to know, I was figuring that at least someone somewhere was putting these on in hopes that people bid crazy amounts simply because the truck has windshields, same way they lose their minds when they see "150 miles" on the odo.

I spoke to guy a few months back who had won a 1987 m998 for waay over its value, couldn't stop beaming about how he got a low-mileage truck. A quick look at the truck revealed the bottom of the IP rusted as can be, all hubs spitting gear oil everywhere, flashing wait light, and many more goodies. Felt bad breaking the facts to him, but it is what it is I suppose.
I can ship you a “reset” hmmwv in a box for $45.00…just pay shipping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks