• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Florida

phil2968

Hi all, just wanted to properly introdeuce myself. I know that's corny but so am I. I won a M109 at the Grayling auction/snafu at the end of last month. Am currently awaiting EUC approval before I trek the 1300 or so miles to the great north woods to recover the beast. We will be trailering it back to Florida as soon get approval. I just read the threads about the SS rallys held nearly in my back yard, can't wait to attend/help with next years. I am a equipment mechanic by trade and am looking forward to working on something new like this M109. This is a great group of people here and I'm glad I found ya'll.

Sweating in Florida, Phillip :roll:

Attachments

scrapman

Am I correct on the assumption that this truck was bought to work out of? I want a 109 myself but need to sell 3 or 4 Deuces first. Trailer it back? Where is your sense of adventure? Apparently common sense & responsibility is the trump card in this deal. Let's hope the vultures stay away from your prize while you wait on your EUC. When HotRod weekend comes to Daytona in November, those of us in central Fla. should do a beach cruise on Sat. Why gee, I know this guy with a 109 full of tools & knowledge......

phil2968

Work?

Work out of it? No way! I work out of a F550 service truck all day long and that ends at 4:00PM. (most of the time). Na, I want to build some bunks and maybe a small cook area for weekends down a River Ranch or any other normally inacessable area. I am worried about the vultures of which you speak. I have offers from the local talent up there ,(citizensoldier) to go at eyeball and confirm it is the truck I won and not an engineless piece o' junk.
The adventure has begun.....kind of. Waitin' waitin' waitin'

phil2968

I'm all about the beach cruise for sure! And my first thought was to drive it back with loads of waste oil from work. We have 2.8 mil in fleet at it gets oil changed every 250 hrs. Can anyone say free fuel for Phil? My service truck is equipped with a 30 gal waste oil recovery tank and I have a 250 gallon storage tank out by the shop at my house! I just need my truck.

bubba_got_you

Vinny, how about pics of the inside of the 109 for some inspiration? I want a set of those tires already and don't even have a truck here yet!
I hate to burst your bubble on this one but those tires wont fit on your truck. The truck in
Vinny’s pick is a 5ton with a 109 box.
[FONT=&quot]But enough bubble bursting welcome to green fever!!!! [/FONT]:twisted:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the mix my friend! Get it back and squared away in time and it would look just fine at the GA rally in October. The FL folk don't mind attending the GA rally but we have a heck of a time getting the GA contingent down here. Them OH guys hit ALL the rallys.

SixSpeed

Banned
Welcome to the mix my friend! Get it back and squared away in time and it would look just fine at the GA rally in October. The FL folk don't mind attending the GA rally but we have a heck of a time getting the GA contingent down here. Them OH guys hit ALL the rallys.
Is it time for the GA rally!?!?!

*Checks Calendar*

Still 3 Months. :cry::cry::cry:

Big CASE

hey guys . cool a new guy . HELLO , case here , I am still at J.W, place working on mine , I will have pic soon. Phil, hey when I get back we'll have to meet up . I am in New Smyrna . I will be coming your way in a cupell of weeks , Wellcome to the SS