• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1 Rims

TCUCV

So I have a 5' x 8' Trailer I'm trying to sell and I had someone send me some pictures of these H1 rims he would like to put towards the purchase. They seem to be a little different then what I've seen for hummer wheels. I believe I've read on here to look out for the hummer wheels that have bolts on the front b/c they don't hold tire pressure or something like that(I tried searching for the thread but no luck) . . . what are your suggestions? Do you guys think this would be a good wheel to put on my M1008 w/ 36/12.50 hummer tires? The most I'm gonna give him is $200 towards my trailer. Thanks for the advice!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan on a 2" spacer or re-centering to run them. You could use dually front hubs too!

TCUCV

Well I'd rather just put a rim on that I don't have to do a lot of modify, I was looking into birg tires so migt go that route instead...

TCUCV

So i managed to trade my trailer for the wheels and some cash . . . the wheels look ok except two of them. This is a picture of one of the two wheels that don't look as though it is sealed correctly. Supposedly they had tires on them before and were fine(maybe).

So what are you guys opinion on the rims, is this something to be worried about?

I am going to be putting some 36" hummer tires on them with in the next month but just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with these particular wheels. Thanks,

Attachments

Benaj

I would order new o rings and disassemble and reassemble with your new tires.
Make sure to lube the o rings with soap on assembly.

Tayenfabrication

Hang on man

To the best of my knowledge you cant put the 36" tires on these rims. They are bias ply tires. Assuming you are speaking of the 36" humvee tires. They only work on the 8 bolt rims, the lip is different. These tires take the 37" radial you see on the new M101A3 trailers or the HMMWVs.

Benaj

You can run either tire on any of the H1 rims.
I am running 8 bolts with 37 Goodyear radials.

The 12 bolt is a stronger design. But if your not using the runflats it won't matter which tire you use.
And you can run more than 30psi in 8 bolts that was a rating on the 36" tire and not the rims limitation.

But this will always be argued on the net since their is so many different opinions.
In the offroad world people run 44" tires on 8 bolts with no problems.

TCUCV

Hey Cucvfreek, I would like to work out a deal but your on the other side of the country . . . www.bergtires.com is where I'm going to get my tires at and he has 36 & 37" tires with both styles of hummer wheels. I'm going to get his opinion on the wheels being that he sells both and take it from there, I might just try and sell the 12 bolt wheels and make it easier on myself,

Thanks for the help

lilymonster

Spacers to put hummer wheels on M1008

I have a set of 4 of these 12 bolt wheels with the 37 inch OZ military tires off the newer style M101a3 trailers and I want to mount them on my M1008.

Where do you get the spacers (or hub extensions, etc?) that are needed to get these to mount up? What exactly do I need to look for and purchase?

DO you need anything for the back wheels?

Thanks!

TCUCV

I cant seem to find where I purchased my spacers from, but I was recommended by someone on this site. They are 2" spacers and seem to fit perfectyl. The 36" military tires don't stick out to far and leave plenty of room if I decide to go with a tire wider than the 12.50's that are on there

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks