• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Had the fan kicking on at about 180f instead of 205 today

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard at 205 it kicks on, and that has been my experience. Today I was climbing the neighborhood hill and kids wanted full throttle so I obliged. About 5-10 sec later the fan kicked in. Temp was still about 180. Wondering if fan clutch may be controlled by other factors than just the coolant temp switch? 07 C7, Eco hubs and second gear (trans temp maybe due to no lockup?)

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C7 gauges are CANBUS to the MMDC and more than once I have had a gauge not completely/correctly calibrate after engine start leading to erroneous readings. More than twice one of my voltage gauges has failed to correctly calibrate and read high till I power cycled the truck and it went back to normal.

I have also never had the fan come on below 205.

Or did you drop below the pressure protection valve and the fan solenoid lost air?

Last edited:

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C7 gauges are CANBUS to the MMDC and more than once I have had a gauge not completely/correctly calibrate after engine start leading to erroneous readings. More than twice one of my voltage gauges has failed to correctly calibrate and read high till I power cycled the truck and it went back to normal.

I have also never had the fan come on below 205.

Or did you drop below the pressure protection valve and the fan solenoid lost air?
Never changed modes of CTIS and system seems to have no leaks (just tests the occasional 15 min pressure checks but no adjustments). Didn't hear a check either. Truck rarely kicks fan on after getting Eco hubs. Fan also kicked off after putting in reverse to to up driveway. Just figured I'd ask!