• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv in MY area, amazing find for me, ashamed i cant afford it right now

XanRa

Humvee Military 1985

im not thhe one selling it im the one dieing for lack of ability to aquire:cry:.... but thyat may change we'll see people, if all goes well i will get if not... i wont but i want it in the open because i feel someone whos mv friendly should get ahold of it at the vary least.. opinion comments encourgment greatly welcome lol

Last edited:

L999here

...jaded...?

Maybe I'm a bit jaded ...but why so much for an older model...? I helped build these for about 6-mo...floor-pan riveter...on the assembly line in 1986. Unless it was a 'professional re-build' with all NOS parts....?

L999here

...lol....

Nope...I just repaired the ones that did not pass prelimary inspection. Your's was damaged when you ran over that stump in your back yard....!!!!

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
more like 500 in the states. Around 700 were sold at the 2 auctions. Some of those were junk/parts vehicles and many were shipped overseas. I love mine.

scopionf89

I have driven hmmwvs for about 5 years now in the army I dont think they are all that macanily relable and I dont find them very comfortbal to drive. I am 6'2 so mabe if i was shorter it would be more fun. They are defently bad A## in the mud i have never managed to get one stuck. The only time I have seen one stuck was when my platoon sgt high centered one.

Last edited by a moderator:

XanRa

theyre great there not comfortable(no mvs are) but yes theyre high maintenece arnt all mvs? its just a matter of time and money

nattieleather

theyre great there not comfortable(no mvs are) but yes theyre high maintenece arnt all mvs? its just a matter of time and money
Yes most MVs are not comfortable that's Rule #1 of MV ownership. Rule #2 is if it rains the water will leak onto your right foot. Rule #3 You will spend more time under an MV than driving it.

I can never get time and money to play nice together... lol!!! :lol:

stampy

I'd rather uparmor my CUCV...and I think it is comfortable... Parts are easy to find and cheap in comparison to a HUMVEE...but hey to each his own!

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Up armored CUCV. now thats funny.

A far as parts are concerned they are not really any more expensive than other military vehicles. Being a M series many of the parts simply interchange with other M series vehicles. The drive line is all GM and very easy to find parts for and due them being demilled and used for so long by the military HMMWV specific parts are fairly easy to find. The real expensive stuff are gun mounts, hard tops and the like.

As far as comfort goes for a military vehicle it is fairly comfortable. Much easier to use than a M35A2. Faster than a M1008 and not nearly as common as any other M series vehicle.

The HMMWV is never confused with a camo painted Chevrolet pick-up or Blazer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks