• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV truck pulling

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have done truck pulls with my m939s & Lmtv. Not much info out there on what the humvee can do. Most of the pulls near me have a 10k lb physical weight cutoff. So those they won't let me pull with the Lmtv. I was thinking of trying a humvee. Have a pretty recent rebuilt one with 6.5. It's pretty peppy for a humvee. Anyone pull with a humvee? How much can it pull? How does it do pulling in low range? Am I going to break half shafts trying to pull say 7500lbs of concrete on a sled?

Bravojmc

I have done truck pulls with my m939s & Lmtv. Not much info out there on what the humvee can do. Most of the pulls near me have a 10k lb physical weight cutoff. So those they won't let me pull with the Lmtv. I was thinking of trying a humvee. Have a pretty recent rebuilt one with 6.5. It's pretty peppy for a humvee. Anyone pull with a humvee? How much can it pull? How does it do pulling in low range? Am I going to break half shafts trying to pull say 7500lbs of concrete on a sled?
Do what you want... I wouldn't. They aren't ment to pull like that.... I bet if you pull 7500lbs on a flat sled you'll break ****!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The m1078 will pull more than double its weight. Humvees gotta be able to do something. Asking a 5000 lb truck to pull 7500 lbs isn't unreasonable.

Awol

I'd say give it a shot. If you break anything, you can always fix it.