• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood interference

littlebob

I went to put on the hood today and found out the air cleaner hold down on the right rear interfered with the hood. The cab is a newer one and the old one is from a gasser. I can see where the rear support was cut to fit but what does the proper fix look like?
littlebob

Attachments

littlebob

Never got a reply on this one and before I start buchering the hood, can anyone post a photo that can show how the hood is supposed to look here? The newer cab had the reinforcement for the air cleaner. I'm wondering if maybe the rear of the cab is too low for some reason or the front is too high and causing the interference. I may need to get thinner pieces of rubber for the front or spacers for the back to make it fit right.

Thanks in advance,
littlebob

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the latch for the air cleaner isn't latched all the way. Can you hang 'till tomorrow? it's real dark and cold here, I can snap a pic then.

oilcan

Yup. Flop that latch on top of the air cleaner and you're golden. If it won't go, the filter either isn't properly seated or the gasket is too thick.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ditto to Will Wagner & Oilcan's comments.

jasonjc

Dubbble ditto. The latch is not latched all the way. Try lacthing that one frist. Some times on my trucks I have play with them some to get the lacths all to close right.

Last edited:

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,And never close the hood with the latches open even if you don't put the can back in place or it will jump up and over the cross brace and cause you all kinda headaches getting it lose.Trust me....:twisted:

FreightTrain

Banned
heck,I can do it in about 10 seconds alone.Here is the trick.Front 2 latches closed,Rear one opened.Take the can and filter and put one hand under the rear lug with the index finger spread as wide as you can against the underside of the lug and the other hand on the intake pipe.Now insert the can and feel for the latch,Lift your finger and guide the latch onto the lug,Now you can Let go of the rear hold the front up and slip the other 2 into place.Latch the rear one first then do the fronts incase they want to pull away from the lug when latching.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks