• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How To-Videos

Predator42

I don't see any way to post how to videos on this forum. I have taken advice from several folks on fixing little things here and there on my 93 HMMWV and thought it would be nice to post videos of how we do things so others can learn. Anyone know if this is doable? I guess creating a youtube channel and posting links is a workaround. I see when I post that there are a host of "valid" formats Valid file extensions: avi bmp doc docx flv gif jpe jpeg jpg mov mpg pdf png txt wmv xls
When I try and attach a video it never takes hold.

Here is what I have done- I think videos of these would be a welcomed addition.

changing all fluids
changing out the dash lights from green to clear
changing the thermostat
changing the temp gauge
changing out half shafts
removing wheels and rotating them
replacing headlights with LEDs
making troop seats into 4 man configuration
adjusting mirrors
adding a fording stack
adjusting parking brake
adjusting drive belts
removing and reinstalling different types of tops and doors
customizing seats
adding rear 3 point seat belt kits
replacing front belts with 3 point kit
building a custom center console
stopping the hissing noise in the cab
draining and replacing coolant
cleaning off overspray from blacked out military numbers
tightening the fuel filler hoses
adding a rear view mirror in the cab
adding sun visors
replacing batteries
replacing indicators
removing brush guard
changing from 2 man to 4 man configuration
adding an inverter for 12Volt accessories
Installing lockable storage

just a few things that I have done and have thankfully been told how to do on the forum that would benefit from a video in my opinion. if there is not a way to post videos please delete this post.

dmetalmiki

Yep, that's how. Just start an account on utube, And upload your videos there. Then you can post the link on this site. Easy. We look forward to seeing the videos.

jake-cutter

I think creating a youtube channel is the way to go. I liked being able to watch youtube how to's on my other vehicles and seeing in depth videos of how things are done and problems that are encountered/resolved. Things have come a long way from going though a Haynes manual to being able to watch a video on a tablet while being under the vehicle.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Uploading to youtube then dropping the link here is the best way. While it means we could loose the videos over time, it does free up some utilization on the server when it comes to bandwidth/storage.

fnpurist

I don't see any way to post how to videos on this forum. I have taken advice from several folks on fixing little things here and there on my 93 HMMWV and thought it would be nice to post videos of how we do things so others can learn. Anyone know if this is doable? I guess creating a youtube channel and posting links is a workaround. I see when I post that there are a host of "valid" formats Valid file extensions: avi bmp doc docx flv gif jpe jpeg jpg mov mpg pdf png txt wmv xls
When I try and attach a video it never takes hold.

Here is what I have done- I think videos of these would be a welcomed addition.

changing all fluids
changing out the dash lights from green to clear
changing the thermostat
changing the temp gauge
changing out half shafts
removing wheels and rotating them
replacing headlights with LEDs
making troop seats into 4 man configuration
adjusting mirrors
adding a fording stack
adjusting parking brake
adjusting drive belts
removing and reinstalling different types of tops and doors
customizing seats
adding rear 3 point seat belt kits
replacing front belts with 3 point kit
building a custom center console
stopping the hissing noise in the cab
draining and replacing coolant
cleaning off overspray from blacked out military numbers
tightening the fuel filler hoses
adding a rear view mirror in the cab
adding sun visors
replacing batteries
replacing indicators
removing brush guard
changing from 2 man to 4 man configuration
adding an inverter for 12Volt accessories
Installing lockable storage

just a few things that I have done and have thankfully been told how to do on the forum that would benefit from a video in my opinion. if there is not a way to post videos please delete this post.

Excellent idea and will be very helpful for a lot of people!

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I'm a little late to the party but this would be a great tool for newbies like me. The sooner the better

Predator42

Im working on getting a goPro or some sort of tripod for my iphone so I can make videos of these items the next time I need to address them. I originally posted the idea but I haven't made any videos yet. So...if you want to make a video and post it that is fine too. I will do the same as things come up and projects I work on. I did succeed in creating a Youtube Channel so thats a start!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks