• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have a couple of these... But i dont know what they are.

kentuckycucv

Looks like they have a little damage. All I know is that the price tag on them for the military is $12656... I have no plugs or anything else.. well a couple of cool head sets with micro phones.

kentuckycucv

Sorry fellas I thought I uploaded the pics, posted my thread and went and ate my dinner thinking I would have the answer when i got back. I beleive they are considered "Demilled" One has a broken switch and missing a couple knobs. Maybe they work, came from a police departement that got them from Fort Cambel along with some other gear.

BillIdaho

I've been up for 26 hours, worked darn-near a double shift. and looking at that photo through these tired four eyes, right off the top of my bald head, it appears that is an R442 receiver. And even at the inflated .gov prices, I can't imagine 12 thou for one unit. Actually, not very rare, and I paid $75 for a working one at Lodi.

kentuckycucv

Thanks for the info,... Was hoping I got something special, I guess i will put them on Ebay... i was thinking i could get one working or put it in my cucv and have a cool radio set up... its way over my head, I will do some research on it..

Whitey

I've been up for 26 hours, worked darn-near a double shift. and looking at that photo through these tired four eyes, right off the top of my bald head, it appears that is an R442 receiver. And even at the inflated .gov prices, I can't imagine 12 thou for one unit. Actually, not very rare, and I paid $75 for a working one at Lodi.
Yup, it's a 442. Picked up a few recently. I've seen working ones goes for $100 to $200. Demilled ones depend on if they have nasty torch cuts or if they are simply missing the guts. The mounts range from $10 for a repaint candidate to $45 for NOS in the box. Anyone wanting the proper radio display for their 1009 would need one.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They can sell for more depending on the buyer so ebay is the ticket. It is a pretty good receiver actually and works on the 6-meter ham band in FM mode.