• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just got some new wheels and tires

jrod66

These are some wheels and tires that I picked up from french camp, they are the MRAP wheels but I am going to make new centers for them, should look nice on the new 5-ton :)

the first 6 are the20 bolt wheels (a little lighter) and the 10 bolt wheels are the 7 and I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet I have 7 20 bolt wheels and 7 53" tires

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice!

I could understand those steel wheels - but really wondering why brand-new looking aluminum wheels are being surplused, as well?
Also for the tires: they don't seem to have seen many miles - could they be "over-aged", for mil. safety standards at least?? Have you looked at the production dates...?

Just curious.

Edit: Correction: just realized that both of your wheel styles are steel, not aluminum.... or?
But we recently have seen aluminum wheels also been auctioned... so my question still stands.

G.

Last edited:

jrod66

All 14 of my wheels are steel, I moved them from the trailer by hand. I have seen the aluminum wheels, they are really nice, I would like a set of those. I will look at the production dates and post them back up tomorrow,

here is what I have so far for the new wheel centers

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You sure are aware that the aluminum wheels (in case you found some) are held together by 24 bolts, not 20... !?

And WOW!... that plate, would it really have just notches cut out, instead of holes...???:?

(I think I know what you have in mind... and I can see a red flag waiwing at me...!)

G.

jrod66

notches cut out to clear the studs that hold the wheel together, it will be welded on both sides, I dont see it being a problem, but time will tell, didnt know the aluminum wheels had 24, good to know thanks! Wheel center will most likely be 1/2" plate, opinions?

RIDDLE1

Well let me know how the adapters work because I may need some for my 923 I bought. I have a line on some MRAP wheels and tires so it look like I am going to be in the same boat as you!

jrod66

I will keep this thread updated, I have a template in the works should have a center next week for mock up.

jrod66

here is a pic of the template in place, this is only an 1/8th inch piece but you get the idea, i am going to have the centers laser cut out of half inch after I make a few adjustments, these could be made to work with the 2.5 ton rockwell pattern also

Attachments