• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Install of,Haldex dryer

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it done...hardest part was getting the mag drill out and drilling 3 holes.
Also, toss the two 1.50in bolts...they need to be 1in or 1 1/4, probably made for the universal mount. I used the template.
At first on air up everything whet fine, but when I pressed on the brake pedal I had nothing and low air wearing went on, I cycled through a few times and it got better, even drained the tanks again, it was building pressure fine and all was a go, just mushy to the floor, then it cleared up and I took it for a spin...went through multiple stops, ebrake, drained the tank, did it again...seems good.
How hot is the dryer supposed to get?
The old one was pretty hot, this is just warm....
Also rerouted my old air lines, they were banjo string tight. There was no need to
Shorten or extend the lines, just rerouted and turned some fittings a bit so no bad angles. The only fitting I bought was for the control side, I got a 1/4in ODx1/4in MIP,compression elbow...got it at lowes, mfg watts LFA-30

Attachments

Last edited:

Overdrive

good Job. I just used the bracket from a later Model LMTV that will bolt right on
View attachment 616083
Any chance you have a pic of the bracket by itself? I would rather not drill holes into my frame. Has anyone tried to mount one with the universal bracket Suprman identified? ... oh, or maybe the OP used the bracket but can't see it in the pic.

Thanks!

OD

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
The OP drilled through the frame I think, using the template.
what Suprman posted is the bracket that will fit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks