• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CO Insuring HMMWV NEWER than 20 years

Autonomy_Lost

I just went through all this trying to insure my 2007. Got turned down by JC Taylor and Hagerty, and hit a dead end with State Farm. I finally called a guy named Devin Ransom who has his own insurance agency and specializes in humvees (he owns one himself). Devin was super helpful and got me a great price for full coverage on my 2007 M1151 in about 15 minutes. He told me that he insures 3-4 humvees a day, so he's very well versed in dealing with the 6 digit serial numbers, etc.

He told me it was okay to post his information here. If anyone still needs help with insurance issues I would give Devin a call at (404) 693-6330.

BTW I have absolutely no affiliation with the guy and I've never even met him, just thought this information might help someone here.

Steveo22

I just went through all this trying to insure my 2007. Got turned down by JC Taylor and Hagerty, and hit a dead end with State Farm. I finally called a guy named Devin Ransom who has his own insurance agency and specializes in humvees (he owns one himself). Devin was super helpful and got me a great price for full coverage on my 2007 M1151 in about 15 minutes. He told me that he insures 3-4 humvees a day, so he's very well versed in dealing with the 6 digit serial numbers, etc.

He told me it was okay to post his information here. If anyone still needs help with insurance issues I would give Devin a call at (404) 693-6330.

BTW I have absolutely no affiliation with the guy and I've never even met him, just thought this information might help someone here.
Thanks for the information. I was able to my 2005 M1123 insured through Progressive. A bit pricey ($200 month) I’m sure that’s due to Michigans standards. Gonna be shopping around to see if I can get lower rate. I’ll definitely be giving Devin a call.

Autonomy_Lost

Thanks for the information. I was able to my 2005 M1123 insured through Progressive. A bit pricey ($200 month) I’m sure that’s due to Michigans standards. Gonna be shopping around to see if I can get lower rate. I’ll definitely be giving Devin a call.
For what its worth, he got me full coverage with a $30k replacement value for about $550 a year.

4x4Junkie13

For what its worth, he got me full coverage with a $30k replacement value for about $550 a year.
So, what is it insured as? Recreational vehicle, military vehicle, antique, museum piece?
a lot of them can only be driven so many miles and or used for specific things like parades.
I would like to register mine to be able to drive it anywhere any time.
Mine is a 2012

Autonomy_Lost

So, what is it insured as? Recreational vehicle, military vehicle, antique, museum piece?
a lot of them can only be driven so many miles and or used for specific things like parades.
Mine is a 2012
Its on a classic vehicle plan, no restrictions other than total annual mileage which i think is around 5000 but is not checked or verified in any way.

4x4Junkie13

Mine is a 2012
I was able to insure both my 2001 M1123 (agreed value of $30k) and 2012 M1167 (agreed value of $45k) with Progressive for $512 (6month period), no restrictions.