• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this all I need? M1097A2

DEA AK

Hi,

Got my M1097A2 from the yard and saw that I don't have the brake line to the right rear (passenger rear).

Eastern surplus shows this part as the right part (see pics), but when I look at my truck, at the T (shown), there is a metal tube not rubber.

Looking under my truck it looks like the (curved) section connects to the brake housing so the rubber side goes to the T?

Which side connects to the T (shown) and which side connects to the brake housing?

Is it a multiple piece set up for the rear brakes; from the T to the brake housing?

Thank you

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
1694977493095.png

You need to make sure the UOC code fits your truck. See where it is written UOC, and then a bunch of alphanumerical numbers? Go to the front of the TM where it explains what a UOC is, and then using your model number and NSN, find your UOC. If its not one of those listed there, you need to look some more.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Later trucks used a flex line, or so it goes. Made brake / pad replacement easier. Mine has a hard line with a 3-4 inch diameter coil of a 1 1/2 loop out by the caliper. Like the one on the left side. Don't have the P/N maybe left and rights.

That the breaks from, CAMO

DEA AK

Later trucks used a flex line, or so it goes. Made brake / pad replacement easier. Mine has a hard line with a 3-4 inch diameter coil of a 1 1/2 loop out by the caliper. Like the one on the left side. Don't have the P/N maybe left and rights.

That the breaks from, CAMO
Looking at the picture I have above (with the flex line), does your truck have the weird Z shaped tube piece? I don't understand where that would fit into my truck...

My left side has that straight tube out of the T heading left to the brake unit, curving around in hidden places that's kinda hard to see.

Thank you

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't seen BVY in the searches I've done, I'll have to figure that out.
You will find the information you need in the TMs. not on the WWW start with 9-2320-280-24P-1 figure 162 for the rear brake lines.
The UOC (used on codes are on page 5 IIRC), every model HMMWV has its own UOC and that is how you get the correct parts.

DREDnot

I finally got shimmied up under mine to get pics.

That long line in your pic is correct but you need a separate hard line as well. Its 12 or so inches long and goes from that tee across to a bracket that the rubber end fitting of the pictured hose clips to...

20230925_101550.jpg

20230925_094516.jpg

The long rubber hose then goes forward along the frame and then loops back to place that "J-hook" end at the top of the caliper

20230925_102012.jpg

20230925_094527.jpg

Last edited:

DEA AK

I finally got shimmied up under mine to get pics.

That long line in your pic is correct but you need a separate hard line as well. Its 12 or so inches long and goes from that tee across to a bracket that the rubber end fitting of the pictured hose clips to...

View attachment 906714

View attachment 906712

The long rubber hose then goes forward along the frame and then loops back to place that "J-hook" end at the top of the caliper

View attachment 906715

View attachment 906713
Thank you very much!