• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

James Bond 007 smoke screen set up Project?

NPD732

Just to clear the air. :wink: You might want to check your local and state laws before putting it on a street driven vehicle. Here in Virginia it is a felony to install, help install, or possess a street driven vehicle that has a smoke screen or flame throwers.

tbearatkin

Years ago I had a 1969 LTD Station wagon (yes it had genuine simulated wood panels) 429 engine. WE were driving home on leave from Fl to IN. Somewhere in the hills of KY I think we stopped for gas in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. Right after filling up. We started down the entrance ramp onto the freeway and I looked in my mirror and all I saw was white smoke. Looked like somebody was really over spraying for bugs. Come to find out after I got to IN I found out a $5 modulator valve on the transmission had gone bad and I was sucking transmission fluid into the vacuum system. Seems a device to drip transmission fluid into the exhaust system might work. Prob wont work to inject it into the cylinders because diesel will burn it without your smoke screen. Mogas engines are little different and it put out enough white smoke to cover up anything behind me. We continue our way home praying that what ever it was would hold up until we pulled into my parents driveway.

Danger Ranger

Just to clear the air. :wink: You might want to check your local and state laws before putting it on a street driven vehicle. Here in Virginia it is a felony to install, help install, or possess a street driven vehicle that has a smoke screen or flame throwers.
:shock: Flamethrowers!!?!!?! :jumpin::shock:rofl
We're gonna need pics for referencing:wink: purposes...

NPD732

It's referring to hotrods that shoot flames from the exhaust. Usually using a sparkplug installed in the tail pipe and an over rich mixture.:-D I bet my 69 Chevelle would shoot flames 20 feet. :driver:Of course I imagine real ones are illegal too. Come to think of it everything is illegal here.:twisted:

Danger Ranger

Yes I do know about those, but I was jokingly hinting at something front-mounted and a little more military. Some are illegal, but I know of semi tractors with them in the stacks or lights to give them an orange glow.:roll:

kentuckycucv

But the cops are not going to know about the smoke screen unless i use it and then flip the Blackout switch. They will drive right past me....8)
Ok Im kidding. Im not going to use it to elude the police. This is for fun on private land.

Inject fuel into the Manifold? or the exhaust pipe? Will the smoke ignite with a spark?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks