• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kansas CDL Answer

VULCANGUNNER

I emailed the Kansas Highway Patrol, Kansas Dept. of Revenue Driver's License Dept, & Kansas Dept. of Revenue Commercial License Dept. & ALL THREE said that my M931 is not considered a commercial vehicle & I do not have to have a CDL to drive it.

1) I'm not making money with it
2) It weighs less than 26,001 pounds
3) It's a single truck (no trailer)

Air brakes do not matter in determining DL requirement
I specifically told them it had air brakes with ABS & asked if that made a difference.

No if ands or buts about it, no CDL required.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello!
That is good to hear. I am fixing a trailer to pull with mine to haul my stuff and I will need to call them because in the statement for tag renewal it says if this vehicle meets requirements it will automatically turn into a commercial tag January 1 and it talked about needing a DOT number. Have you seen this ?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you tell them the truck's GVWR was less than 26,001 or the true value of 42,000 lbs? Or GCVWR of 57,600 lbs? That has a lot to do with the answer you will get.

Last edited:

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not called them yet. It was just a slip of paper that was in with the registration renewal. I just need to call the state and talk to them.