• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Service Brake Issue

FloridaAKM

Yesterday, I had to move the LMTV (M1081) & after the air built up, the service brakes would not release. Upon looking @ the actual brake pedal, it stayed on the floor & didn't return as normal. If I stuck my foot under the pedal & pulled up on it, the brakes released & the truck rolled like it was supposed to. The return spring is intact. If I used the brakes again to stop, the pedal stayed on the floor. What is up with this deal & it has never happened before. Yes, the truck sits a lot & is not on the road like it should be.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most likely something sticking due to lack of use.
Look see if you can lube it. Or it could be a faulty treadle valve.

FloridaAKM

Floridianson said the same thing, air tool oil going into the valve should clear up the stickiness. Keep you eyes open for the forthcoming great cross country M915a2 trip that Floridianson is going to make from Oregon to Florida for his new truck. He probably needs to start a Go Fund Me account for fuel ;-).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks