• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long travel on shifter.

Redpawn

I have an 816 and the transmission shifts seem to be very long. When I shift in to any of the forward throw gears (R-2-4) the shifter will hit the dash and so will your knuckles too. Any of the rear throw shifts (1-3-5) will hit the 4x4 shifter or PTO shifter. I pulled the shift tower off and everything looks in order so is this just how it is or is there something I can do to shorten the shifter throw? I did some searching on here but no luck so if anyone has a link for me that would be great.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed my M813 had a long throw - not as far as yours but it tightened up a bit when I put a different shifter in because the original shaped spring retainer thing was chipped and cracked. If I were to force my shifter to hit the dash it would crack this part open. The part is sandwiched between a coil spring and a retaining ring.
20200319_191903.jpg
20200319_192019.jpg
20200319_192027.jpg

You can see the part I'm talking about in these pics. Maybe your part is broken also?

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an 816 and the transmission shifts seem to be very long. When I shift in to any of the forward throw gears (R-2-4) the shifter will hit the dash and so will your knuckles too. Any of the rear throw shifts (1-3-5) will hit the 4x4 shifter or PTO shifter. I pulled the shift tower off and everything looks in order so is this just how it is or is there something I can do to shorten the shifter throw? I did some searching on here but no luck so if anyone has a link for me that would be great.
My shifter in my M818 does the same thing. I thought it was normal. I've seen replacement shifters on ebay for around $80 or so. Might be time for a replacement.