• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

loss of power. lots of smoke.

isaacucv

My '08 has developed a problem. It idles like normal, but there is a lack of power and a lot of black smoke at high RPM. When I got home I put it in neutral and revved it up. It is smoking black then blue and running very rough. What would cause that? I replaced the fuel filter in the fall and have had no problems. The air filter was late last summer. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

isaacucv

Thanks for the quick replies. I just did a bit of looking around. The idle is a little low and rough. The oil was low, I added some but there was no sign of coolant on the stick. The smoke is mostly blueish like unburned fuel. The lift pump on the passenger side of the block is wet, and smells like diesel. Could that be the problem? It had been hard to start the past few days, requiring a lot of cranking.

Ken_86gt

There isn't a boost tube- no turbos on these trucks...

A leaky lift pump is an issue that could show symptoms of hard starting, I don't think that it is causing the smoke issue though.

isaacucv

Sounds like a bad injector(injector is dumping to much fuel) I've had the same thing happen to me. Replaced all the injectors with new ones and it fixed the problem.
Yea it kind of seems that way, but I have smoke coming out both tail pipes. So the problem has to be before the injectors. I think ?

isaacucv

Does it make sense that if the lift pump is bad, the fuel isn't getting emulsified properly at the injectors? That would explain why its acting like it has bad injectors on both bank?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks