• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

loud power steering noise only when hot!!!!

3000gt

Bleed system 3 times, followed tech manual. Checked power steering level and all that jazz. No noise is heard until the truck reaches normal operating temperature. its a loud noise and seems to get worse the longer i drive it
I have no air bubbles on power steering dipstick

Could the oil be getting too thin?
I am using power steering fluid should i switch to Dextron III?

2nd question do yall remove the run flats cause the vibration from when i drive (on hard surfaces) is killing me

DatGuyC

I use dextron 3 in the power steering and it seems to work pretty good. I left the runflats in my wheels and used probably about 2 quarts of antifreeze per wheel to balance them. It still shakes a bit sometimes but its a hummer so I just try and ignore it.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several different vehicles I've worked on had a bad o-ring seal on the low pressure side leading into the pump. It tended to suck air enough to cause the pump to whine. You may want to check that. Also a couple of flush/fills may help. I've found a dirty screen in the reservoir can also "starve" the pump and cause whining.