• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LS-671 with Blue Tooth receiver (help)

madcroc1

What I'm trying to do is install a Belkin Blue Tooth receiver inside one of my LS-671 speakers.
After reading the pin out on radio nerds, I figured it would be easy. There's lots of space inside the case so I figured if I can hook it up and put the receiver completely hidden inside the case so we could use the speaker as a powered blue tooth speaker.

I hooked up the blue tooth output directly to the speaker via pins E & F on J1 and it actually drives the speaker quite well albeit without volume control. I really want the signal amplified and I want to use the volume control and the power switch.

Photo_2013_09_08_12_30_25_1.jpg

According to the radio nerds diagram I did the following:
I hooked 24v + to pins C&B on J1
I hooked 24V - to pin A on J1
I hooked signal TIP from the blue tooth receiver to pin K on J1
I hooked up Signal ground from Blue Tooth receiver to pin S on J1

The first time I hooked it up all seemed to work. The audio did boost well and then it stopped after about 20 seconds..

I suspect its the output signal from the Blue Tooth receiver is not high enough but I wanted to check with any radio pros here that may have an idea. The signal from the blue tooth receiver is only measuring from 5 to 9 volts but since the speaker has an amplifier in it, I figured that it would amplify any high impedance signal regardless of the input level. The radionerds schematic shows to hook up the audio ground to pin S on J1. I noticed that when the speaker is powered up (the light works), with the volume on MAX, I can hear music really faintly the signal in the background, kind of like its on a different line or something. I also noticed that when I remove the audio ground nothing happens.

I checked the speaker out by replacing them with several others and they all seem to do the same thing so I know its not the speaker, nor the receiver. I don't think there is anything actually failing, the signal is just not amplifying.

When I moved the audio ground to pin E on J1 (just to try it), I noticed that I get an amplified signal but not correctly as the volume control seems to exponentially increase the volume and it makes the volume control un-usable. I don't understand why I get over amplification when I hook the audio ground to the speaker (-).

Let me know if anyone has any ideas... Below is the radio nerds link on the LS-671

http://www.radionerds.com/index.php/LS-671/VRC

madcroc1

One thing I wanted to add is that I built a regulator circuit to power the Blue Tooth Receiver from the 24V supply.
The receiver uses +5v DC. I am adding a small circuit with a 7805 which will regulate the 24V to 5V. The heat will dissipate into the back of the speaker which is an excellent heat sink..

madcroc1

madcroc1,

Did you ever get this to work properly? I just got my LS-671 a couple of days ago and had wanted to do the same thing.

Bert
No. I just bought a few of them and I striped the board out then Picked up a blue tooth speakers from target. I replaced the circuit board and speaker with the one I got from target. So it a real blue tooth speaker with a battery inside. So none of the standard controls work but at least I have a military speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks