• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 won’t move when cold

Blake

My stock m1008 will not move in forward or reverse when it is cold outside. If you let it idle and warm up 10-15 mins it drives and shifts fine; it’s driven fine all summer. I have changed filter/fluid and put 2 o rings on the pickup tube. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Gunfreak25

Howd the old fluid and pan look? It's either something in the valve body or leaky internal seals. When it warms things seal better and build pressure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blake

the fluid looked good and didnt have any large particles on the magnet. I had originally changed filter and fluid as part of regular maintenance/pan gasket leaking, not a problem at the end of the summer.

nyoffroad

You said you changed the fluid, but have you checked the fluid level? Sounds stupid but even the simplest things get overlooked. If it's full and the problem persists I'd think of adding a bottle of Lucas tranny additive, I'm not a fan of snake oil additives but I have gotten results from Lucas and at this point what do you have to lose?
OH YEAH!! just as an after thought, make sure you have the correct dip stick! I bought an old car that I thought the engine was bad, turned out someone replace the Dodge stick with a Ford and kept adding oil to the engine, I don't remember for sure but I must've drained 2 gallons out of it! Doubt that's your problem but ya never know!

cucvrus

Like outlined up top. The transmission is old and tired and the seals are not happy anymore. I had this issue on a few CUCV's. I don't mess with them anymore. I pull them out and drop them off for refreshing and live happily ever after. I still do the R & R myself. The internal work. Not a chance. Not as easy as it looks to do a 100% job. Or just keep warming it up and live with it. But you will find no cure all in a can or bottle. I don't go in gear a fast anymore myself. Happy Holidays.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks