• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Rear Axle Yoke

jimm1009

I need to purchase a new rear axle yoke, universal attaching straps, and universal joint. LMC Truck is back ordered for a time to be determined.
I don't dare look a the local dealer so I am asking if anyone has a good source for non-asian
manufactured replacement.
I also looked at Parts Geek but they do not have one for a 10 bolt which is what all of our US M1009's had.

Thanks in advance.
m1009jim / Jim

Last edited:

cucvrus

I have an original I can remove from a CUCV differential if that helps. Let me know. We should probably be having this conversation in a parts wanted classified ad in the Shelby County Tribune. But if I can help let me know. The U joint is a local parts store item. I do have the straps and bolts also. rengle523@comcast.net and we can exchange information. Be Safe.

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like Rock Auto has USA Standard Gear yokes. I believe those are ok? You could try a company like Offroad Design, but they probably carry expensive upgrade parts instead of OEM replacements.

jimm1009

It looks like the universal joint failed. I purchased a new one and it is nice and tight in the yoke.
I think that for the small cost I will order some new retention straps from the local Chevy dealer
and then when they arrive I can install the new universal and drive off into the sunset. :)
Jim

cucvrus

Don't forget the M1009 rear U Joint gets held in center with the C cap clips snapped onto the U joint caps. It will not stay centered any other way no matter how tight you make the bolts. I had the dis pleasure of removing a U joint that was welded to the yoke because the owner said it had a worn out yoke and the flanges were worn off the yoke. I did manage to salvage the yoke and fixed it with 2- 5 cent clips from a scrap U joint. Be Safe or Stay Home.