• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Spare Tire Mount/Carrier

JohnnyP11B

Good morning all -

I am trying to find a mounting solution for my M101A2 spare tires (235/85/16) mounted on 8 lug Dodge rims.

Most everything I’ve found is designed for 4 or 5 lug tires.

Any suggestions?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I simply have mine standing upright in the back facing the side inbetween the wheel well and back with a ratchet strap to the side and through the tire. Takes up minimal space.

Others have used tire winch mounts from pick ups or suv's and made a frame underneath to hold it under the bed and winch down when needed like my Durango or Tahoe use the same system. Easy to pull from a junkyard for minimal $

PsycoBob

Bit of a necro-post, but I found a RV trailer tire mount/hoist, designed to adjust for different frame width. Amazon shows it as unavailable sometimes, but the idea is good.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can find the spare carrier from the M37 you will be all set. I have one and it works great.

Mark

images (16).jpeg