• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1030M1 JP8/Diesel Military Motorcycle

gumps10

Didn't know where to put this so I 'll start here.
This is the marines new motorcycle.
http://www.dieselmotorcycles.com/models.htm
I was wondering if anyone had information on any other military motorcycles. I know they have been using them but these are the first JP8 ones.
They also have a civi model due out in The spring of 06, can't wait.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
that is cool, I wonder how long it wiil be before one is surplusesed and what kind of shape it will be in(pile of parts in a cardboard box)

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
These were highlighted on an episode of "Mail call". It showed the marines training on them at Camp Pendleton on the sandy beach. I think it said they have a 350 mile range, nearly twice as much as a gas model. Ive seen a cannibalized one on a pallet on GL out of Pendleton. I would love to have one, maybe I'll be trading in my WR450 next year!

gumps10

Well get out your credit cards kiddies.....as of 11-17-05 you can order one.
10% deposit on order. balance on delivery.
$18,999.00 Total
yeah Bomar I just got my news letter from HDT. Expensive sure, but it is a limited edition run of 200. For the most part it is a custom motorcycle.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
These trucks are definately rising in price on GL. I watched all the trucks in So Cal and only a few went for under 2k. With the price of those bikes, I'll just stick with Yamaha.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw one on the history channel about a year ago. You say they will have a civi model. Any info on the retail$ ?