• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123

escuderj

Has any one put a front spacer in a M1123 and if so was the ride quality crap? Or should I go with new taller front springs and 2 inch body lift to clear 40x13.5r17. I don't plan on going to moab and wheeling it crazy, many looks and a little offroad fun.

thanks

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This would probably be better on the regular HMMWV forum, sorry I can't help!

jrtoffroad

Ride quality will depend a lot on how heavy your HMMWV is. The ride will stiffen some from the a-arms being at a steeper angle, but I don't think it will be significant. I find the stock 954 lbs/in front springs in my M1123 really aren't too bad, and would not be opposed to adding a spacer. The rear springs on the other hand need to be thrown in the trash if you don't plan on carrying 2500lbs+ of cargo in the rear 100% of the time.

In summary, I'd go spacers up front and Armada springs in the rear. If you want a ride improvement from there, custom shocks.