• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M128A2C Semi Trailer Title Question

A friend of mine has an M128A2C Van Semi trailer that he purchased of of GL
probably 2 years ago. He bought it for storage and thinking that, never applied for the SF-97 to obtain a title for it. Well its a really nice trailer, too nice for just storage, and I have a couple ideas for it if I can get my hands on it. My question is, is there any way to obtain a title for it, or would it be better to get
a "title bond" on it or ? I would like to license it and get it on the road, behind M915A1!

Bighurt

I could be mistaken but I don't recall anything regarding that info. However GL is just a middle man for that deal, you could try calling battle creek, not a clue who you would do that with.

The other alternative since you are in NM, is just register it as a RV (home made).

I'mm just slinging guesses trying to help. But calling the DMV, GL and Battle creek (whoever that would be) would be my first corse of action.

Hopefully someone on here will provide help. You could try sending M920 a message.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Arkansas all you need is a bill of sale on a vehicle/trailer over 25 years old for a registration/tag. May be the same in NM?

I bought a M131A5c (tanker trailer ) a few years ago from a wrecking yard they bought it from a the Ute Tribe they used it for there construction company . all of there trucks and what ever equipment they could get was from the government . and not licensed .I bonded it and New Mexico did there search and I got a title .

On a quick check with the MVD, the clerk I talked to said that a title bond
would be the way to go. Asumming the clerk knows what shes talking about.
Most of the time when you mention "semi" as in semi truck or trailer they just get a blank look on their face.