• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 ON A TRAILER

JEEPGUY

Hey guys,
just wondering if a m35 would fit on a 20ft trailer 8ft wide ???

triple axle too.

just trying to figure out how i'm gonna get her home.

thanks in advance,
matt

spicergear

I just measured an M35A2 tonight for my own reasons- 16' from about 8" behind the centerline of the rearmost axle to the centerline of the front axle. 19' from about 8" behind the centerline of the rearmost axle to the face of the front bumper. Eyeballing that bumper measure.

poppop

This doesen't really fit here but since we are showing pictures of Dueces on trailers here goes. This is the Duece I sold RDixieMiller all loaded and ready to go. Notice all the antique tractor goodies loaded in, under and around the Duece that are going to a sale In Roberts hometown. Its on my 37 foot gooseneck behind a 98 Chevy one ton crew cab dually with 454 motor. It took $150.00 dollars in gas for the two hundred mile trip.

Attachments

motorolanut

How was the braking capability with your dually? I have a friend with a F450 Superduty Diesel with 5 wheel and he tows a JD650 Dozer on his trailer.. But he says watch out on the hills because the weight really pushes the limits on the F450.

poppop

I don't like the brake controller I have now because it apllies the brakes gradually. At slow speeds the brakes are strong but at higher speeds you have to wait for them to apply. You really have to watch what is coming or you could get in a bind real quick.

poppop said:
I don't like the brake controller I have now because it apllies the brakes gradually. At slow speeds the brakes are strong but at higher speeds you have to wait for them to apply. You really have to watch what is coming or you could get in a bind real quick.
most of the controllers i have seen have an adjustable application delay along with the regular gain adjustment.

poppop

I bought a high priced one last time thinking it would be better. It may have some adjustment but it is set up to apply presure according to how hard the truck is breaking. If i brake the truck hard it displays higher numbers on the screen. If I apply the brakes gradually it shows lower numbers on the power screen. I need to read the manual again and see if I missed something.

rmgill

The better ones have a true accelerometer in them that's more dependable than a pendulum. the Tekonsha Prodigy that I have in my Deuce is one of those.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks