• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 alternator conversion

shannondeese

When I bought my A3 the generator was frozen up. I had the local electrical shop put together a 22si delco 24 volt alternator for me. It’s a one wire hook up. Has anyone else done this on the A3? I did it on my A2 but the wiring was different. If you have can you tell me how you wired it? Thanks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If it's a brushless unit just one wire to the 24+ on the battery or at the starter if it's closer and a ground wire for the alternator if needed

Eliteweapons

Good Morning,
The wiring diagram is in tm9-2320-24-1-2 on page 750. Looks like wire #2 and 770n needs to be connected to the alternator output. Wire 770p needs to get connected to the ground wire already there. Cap wire 568. I have not done a 1 wire conversion on mine but this looks like what needs to be done. Maybe someone else has actually done it and can help.

I hope this helps.

Screenshot 2018-10-04 09.51.55.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I put a modern 1 wire 24v alt in my M725. Just run the large wire to the + output and cap the small one.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I bought my A3 the generator was frozen up. I had the local electrical shop put together a 22si delco 24 volt alternator for me. It’s a one wire hook up. Has anyone else done this on the A3? I did it on my A2 but the wiring was different. If you have can you tell me how you wired it? Thanks.
A good alternator shop should have been able to repair your old alternator. Probably just a bad bearing.