• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 distributor question

poppop

I did some more work on old blue today. I got the carb adjusted and idle slowed down by tightening the return spring. It just did not sound right so I checked all plugs for firing. Number 4 and 6 were dead with no spark at the plug. Removed the cap and inside is another round cap. Removed it and number 4 and 6 did not have the little silver metal cap at the bottom of the hole that the plug wire goes in. I inserted a piece of metal wire in each hole and put it back, but first I dropped it and all the metal pieces came out. I put them back in but was not sure of the right holes. Now number 6 is firing but I still have two dead cylinders. Why does it appear that a spark jump gap is built into this system and why does not any piece of metal work. I assume I need a new cap but I would like to know some opinions from the experts out there.