• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M548A1 windshield & cab top removal

L1A1

Hello List!

Well, looks like I did it this time! Pulled the trigger on an M548A1 6 ton cargo carrier. I'm supposed to do the recovery on it soon.

For transpo purposes, I'd like to lower (or remove) the windshield & cab top bows. Does the windshield just unlock & fold down like any other MV? Or maybe it doesn't fold & has to be unbolted/removed? How about the cab top frame work? Easy to remove or........?

Matt

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the windshield does. Or on the M48 it did (m548 missile launching variant). If you need a winch assembly and other parts, let me know. I have a few.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a door and a instrument panel. That's about it. I have to look to see which side the door is for.

L1A1

Figured I'd bring this thread to a close....In case anyone is wondering, the windshield on an M548A1 does not fold. It's either "on" or it is "off" the vehicle. If you want to remove the windshield, you'll need a 9/16" socket, ratchet & wrench to do it*. there are 12 bolts holding it down.

Matt

* A few of the bolt heads on mine were pretty bad so I wound up using an angle grinder & a sawzall.