• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 starter trouble

bubba_got_you

M818 starter trouble
[FONT=&quot]Anyone have a source for a starter rebuild kit or at the very least new brushes? The person who rebuilt this thing last decided that he didn’t need to replace some broken rivets and now my brushes are toast. They are so bad I cant get the # off of them so I am stuck. Thanks for the help. [/FONT]

12Bravo

I drove a XM818 (built 1947 by Kaiser/Willy's Corp) while stationed in Germany in the early 90's and it had the same/standard engine as the new M923/939 series 5 ton trucks. IIRC, the M800 and M923/M923A1 (non turbo) used the Cumin 300 engine while the M923A2 used the Cumin 250. The starters are all the same for all of them with either motor. I hope the info helps.

Capt.Marion

I drove a XM818 (built 1947 by Kaiser/Willy's Corp) while stationed in Germany in the early 90's and it had the same/standard engine as the new M923/939 series 5 ton trucks. IIRC, the M800 and M923/M923A1 (non turbo) used the Cumin 300 engine while the M923A2 used the Cumin 250. The starters are all the same for all of them with either motor. I hope the info helps.
You've got it backwards... the 809, 939, and 939A1 trucks used the NHC250 (naturally aspirated). The 939A2 trucks used the turbocharged 6CTA 8.3.

12Bravo

You've got it backwards... the 809, 939, and 939A1 trucks used the NHC250 (naturally aspirated). The 939A2 trucks used the turbocharged 6CTA 8.3.
It's been almost 20 years since I had to work on them. I was a machinist and operated a truck mounted machine shop when not driving the M818. Either way, the starters are all the same. As a machinist, I worked on everything in the motorpool from small generators up to main battle tanks and sometimes get things mixed up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks