• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M886 Cab Interior

Sapper16&34

I’m modeling an M886 and can’t find any pics of the inside of the cab. Specifically,

a) what’s the inside of the cab roof look like? Has the original Dodge cab roof been cut out? Is there storage up there (the parts manual (Fig 109) seems to indicate one or more compartments).

b) similarly, what’s the back of the cab look like? Is it all cut out, or only what’s necessary for the sliding door also shown in Figure 109?

Thanks!

GaryIMG_7809.png

Sapper16&34

Sapper16&34

Very helpful, Bob! Exactly what I needed. Thank you!
Thanks, Bob. Pictures like this are invaluable!
Bob, what are the square protrusions that stick up on each back corner of the ambulance body roof? I can’t find anything about them in the parts manual. Thanks.

Progress on the model.

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob, what are the square protrusions that stick up on each back corner of the ambulance body roof? I can’t find anything about them in the parts manual. Thanks.

Progress on the model.
Vents, couldn't find a picture of them anywhere. they are rounded top from front to rear, with 4 or 5 slots running side to side.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the first (and last) time i ever saw the interior of an M886 was in 1983 or 84 , volunteer mock casualty during a late-night field exercise for the armored division's MASH ... I was loaded onto the top rack.. The truck rocked and rolled and bobbed blackout through the woods for a good 3/4-hour like a little sailboat on rough seas.. I was quite green before it stopped... When the orderlies set me up on a table (with my fake belly wound), the nurse looks and says to the doctor, "this one doesn't look very good." The doctor peeks at the wound and concurs, going back to putting his gloves on. The nurse replies, "No Sir, you don't get it. This one REALLY doesn't look good! "

She asks if I want to get up. I jumped off the table and barely made it outside the tent to lose all my cookies rofl

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks