• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP005A Needing engine Harness.

JustinS54

Hello,

I recently acquired a MEP005A (TM 5-6115-465-12) that had its engine harness stripped off. I believe the machine is in great condition otherwise. All connection points seem to be in good condition, I am sure the municipality who had it before me took it off to replace another one somewhere else. I would love to buy another harness but believe that idea to be a bit far fetched. I would also love to pay someone to borrow their harness to duplicate. For my day job I work at an engine company and have designed all of our harnesses so it would be extremely simple for me to make a copy and build in my shop. If anyone has a better direction to point me in or has one to sell, please let me know as it is currently acting as a nice paperweight.

Thank you,
Justin

JustinS54

You ought to be able to replicate it with the info in both the -24P TM which calls out all of the part numbers required and the -34 TM which has the wiring table in it with wire lengths and interconnections.

I suppose I am not the genius I thought I was, and even pulled the -12. A lot of the information is pretty blurry even when I print out on 24" paper.

Guyfang

Staff member
When ever you have a problem reading a TM for the MEP-004A or MEP-005A, they are for all practical purposes, the same book. Interchangeable.

Also, put a want add in the Parts Wanted Forum. Can not hurt. Someone out there might have a parts gen set. The engine wire harness is pretty simple. Everything goes to the Special relay box I think. I replaced a few, but its been over 40 years ago.

JustinS54

When ever you have a problem reading a TM for the MEP-004A or MEP-005A, they are for all practical purposes, the same book. Interchangeable.

Also, put a want add in the Parts Wanted Forum. Can not hurt. Someone out there might have a parts gen set. The engine wire harness is pretty simple. Everything goes to the Special relay box I think. I replaced a few, but its been over 40 years ago.

Thank you very much, I had started to look into the MEP-004A TMs and noticed they seemed to be better but wasn't sure they were the same. I went ahead and posted in the classified adds just incase something comes up. Thank you for your help!