• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michelin 12.5 xls and air pressure

rockman

I have 12.5 xls singled on my truck. I got them balanced as best the truck shop could. They still bounce some. I lowered the tire pressure from 50 to 45 and it helped. Do you all think 40 would be too low? I don't haul much now so I am not worried about load capacity.

Bill

MV photo - Shanksville PA and a 900 series in the PA national guard

Attachments

MarcS

Bill, I've got 12.5" Michelins on my deuce too. On mine though I played around and ended up with 65 lbs in the fronts and 55 in the rears. I know the tires say otherwise but the tire guy I get my advice from said they'd be fine. So far so good and it handles fine. If you want to get them balanced though look on the Centramatic website. I bet they'd have something that would work if not directly bolt on.

Here's a YouTube link of my 12.5" tires at work (offroad I air them down to 20 lbs)
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=SdN9DwkqVdg

Marc

MarcS

I used wheels off of a M34. Same width as a standard deuce wheel but a wider offset since the center is welded deeper in the wheel. I had 11.00's on before the Michelins so I already had the hubs turned around and liked the singles. The wheels are getting kind of hard to find though.

Marc