• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mighty Mite Spare Tire Rack: part needed

Mike_Pop

Can someone take a picture of the bracket that holds the tire onto the tire rack? I don't seem to have one. Is it the same as an M38A1?

Thanks,

Mike Pop

Goatwerks

I'll post a pic of the one on Dave's new toy later today, as I just installed his spare tire carrier yesterday.
Once installed, the tailgate cannot be opened, it bolts to the tailgate and the bumper.
I posted some new pic's of his on the g-503, but the spare mount wasn't on yet.
The retainer for the tire is round with a notch cut out and can be made easily :wink:

Mike_Pop

Jim,

I had a piece of flat steel and made my own but it is square. I put the notch in it but I would like to duplicate the original. If you can get a diameter, that would be great. Witht the Mite being so small, not being able to open the tailgate is not a big deal. Besides, it looks better with the spare tire hanging on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the Mites didn't have spares? Something about being able to be driven on 3 wheels.

DSD277

Mike
I have a pic of the plate on a Mite. The diameter is to the inside diameter of the lug pattern. I also looked at some (supposedly) M151 rims yesterday, and where the lug pattern was correct, the center pilot hole was much smaller than the one on my Mite.So I am not sure if they will fit the Mite.

Dave Dunn

Mike_Pop

Dave,

I do have a Mite spare rim and tire. So the round plate is nothing more than that? Just a round piece of 1/8" steel with a notch?

Kenny
Even though the Mites can be driven on three wheels, having a spare is nice and it makes the Mite look cool too.

Thanks!

Attachments