• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missile launch comm trailer recovery

walkerhunter

Headed down to Papa Bears shop tomorrow to recover my soon to be new camper. It is a 20 foot missile launch communications trailer. Photos will follow.....................:driver:

jdknech

how did it pull behind your "bob job"? i was looking at one of these about a year ago, and was told on here that it would shove, and/or flip my 6x6 deuce... just wonderered how it actually did behind one.

walkerhunter

I pulled it home with my friends mack service truck also a single axle 60 mph was no issue. I hooked it up and pulled it like 10 miles today up and around some good hilly country, and no trailer brakes it was no trouble. Once the brakea are hooked it should be great.

walkerhunter

Yes they are it is aluminum with a honeycomb middle layer so it is real light. Papabear it will get used and seen alot we have 2 week long trips planned in it this summer and the rally.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're going to bring that to the GA Rally? If so, excellent! A fair number of able bodied men can pull that thing around at night while occupied. Take a GPS so you know where you are when you wake up.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yes they are it is aluminum with a honeycomb middle layer so it is real light. Papabear it will get used and seen alot we have 2 week long trips planned in it this summer and the rally.
Believe it or not when my building burned in 2007 that trailer was all we had to work out of for a few days!! We had several computers and light/heat and it was a Godsend at the time.
It has been sitting for years now and since the guvment won't let me have any missiles I have nothing to launch/control.

Hope you get as much use as we did and good luck with your project!

Attachments