• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

scranch18121

This may be a similar thread to some other MKT thread that's out there here on SS.

My Story. I was reading a thread on MKT's here on SS. I posted a reply that some day I would like to have one for some events I'm involved with in the Central Texas area. A few days later Pawnshop tells me that he saw my post and knows where I may be able to get one in the local area. (In Texas... the local area is a 3-4 hour drive in any direction). He connected me up with a member here on SS.

Mkcoen was the guy. We went and took a look at a unit in San Antonio. The basics were there... it was just going to take some searching to find needed parts, parts needing replacement, burners, cooking components. I have the time before I'd like to put it all to work.

Searching everywhere I found a good walkway cover, burners, pots, pans, griddle and some utensils. Some are here, some are on the way, some still need to be picked up. It's coming together and looking better every day.

Searching has become a daily exercise. SS classifides, craigslist from different cities, ebay, but the best has been 'i know a guy who knows a guy'. I wont turn down any contact or lead to try and get stuff needed to make it look like I know what the heck i'm doing once this thing is up, running, and feeding kids, parents, and me.

My wife told me yesterday we need to test it and cook some stuff. She also told me she thinks it's very nice and cant wait to set it up and put it to work. I guess the best thing that did for me was validate my obsessive compulsive disorder that i have to get the stuff needed to get this going, running, and looking presentable.

Thanks to the help from SS Members in OKC, San Antonio, South Carolina, Illinois, and New Jersey. (wasn't sure to list user names so just listed where yall are from... I'm sure regular SS members will know who i'm referring to)
Sorry for being a pain. I'm sure it will continue as I find out what I still need and dont have.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you haven't already done so, get in touch with Mike...SS member SCSG-G4. I would say he's probably the resident expert on the MKT here on the forum. And he seems to know where all the parts for them are located.

Last edited:

scranch18121

If you haven't already done so, get in touch with Mike...SS member SCSG-G4. I would say he's probably the resident expert on the MKT here on the firum. And he seems to know where all the parts for them are located.
Thanks

Mike was able to send my newer walkway cover. Fingers still crossed that a travel cover will become available soon.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just saw a post from member Krall in the thread Findlay Parts (follow the link)...going to be at the Findlay Ohio show...he say's he is going to be bringing a bunch of MKT vinyl...might want to talk to him before this weekend.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The help has gone both ways. Stan hooked me up with some additional parts for mine as well. Sorry if I've been an "enabler" to your OCD but it's good to have more than one in the area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks