• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with M35A2 air pack

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey yall. I need some info and advice. My Deuce shows symptoms of a bad air pack. I have the "long" pack. It won't build air pressure past 60 psi at idle. The brakes seem to be working fine and if I keep the rpms up, it will hold 120 with no problem. I hooked up my compressor through the emergency side glad hand and found air rushing out into the slobber tube from the vent line. Other posts I've read suggest that the air pack needs a rebuild. Does this sound correct?
Assuming that my pack is rebuildable, I plan to purchase a kit from Big Mike's and tackle it. Where in the TMs can I find information about rebuilding, and parts diagrams?
Any advice given will be greatly appreciated.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, sir, for the quick response. I have downloaded most of the TMs, and printed them out. I use my phone for internet, so it was easier for me to have them in print. I have to admit I'm overwhelmed by the size of it all, and have a hard time finding the info I'm after. One day I plan to read them all, when I have more free time.
I saw the sticky but it was for short (new style) air packs.
Thanks again for the reply.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have to go dig for that other post. Give me an hour. Also, stand by on printing too much. There is a madness to the TMs I need to explain. I'll be back shortly

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the sticky that was no longer sticky. It is again. (1) Airpack Rebuild Warning. | SteelSoldiers
Also, regarding TMs, there are series of TMs for the deuce. For example I'll use 2 manuals, both operators manuals for the deuce. TM 9-2320-361-10 is a later version of the TMs. The previous version was TM 9-2320-209-10-1 and -2 and -3 and -4. Yes, that series had 4 volumes to the operators TM. My preference is to stay in that 361 series unless what I'm seeking isn't there. That's when I go to the 209 series. The 361 series has only 5 books. There is more, this is a quick summary. I'll see if I can find some of the other helpful threads dealing with the long airpack. (1) air pack rebuild help | SteelSoldiers

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent. That should get me on the right track. And thanks for the breakdown of the TMs that will save me a lot of time (and paper).