• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M939A2 Inner Axle Seal

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steel Soldiers,

I'm looking for some M939A2 inner axle seals (front axle). The part number is A-1205-E-2137; this is an Arvin Meritor proprietary part.

Please let me know if you have a validated source for these seals.

Please email response to (joe@czarnik.net).

Thanks much!!!

Joe

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello gentlemen,

The M939 and M939A1 series trucks share, with the exception of the brakes, the exact same characteristics as M52 and M52 trucks running back into the 1950s. In fact, you can take the differential out of a M54 and drop it in to a M923A1 just fine. The M939A2 series axles are different; although the differentials are still the same, the inner wheel seals and the inner axle seals (on the front axle) are completely different.

I've found a source, but they're asking price was absolutely insane.

Kevin, I'll let you know when I find a good source for these seals.

Joe

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Joe,
Got this m923a2 with a bad axel seal. make a hard right turn and dump oil all over the place..
I will have time next week to do some research...converting the number to a more common seal..
hopefully...
Kevin..

bogshotrods

Reading this post from 2012 I'm looking for the same front axle seals for a 923a-2 but am having a hard time finding em, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated

bogshotrods

Thanks so much for passing this along. I had the hub seals and went after replacing them the other day only to find out that the hub seals weren't the issue, brake backing plate was dry and clean, but there's grease coming out from the back side of the backing plate by the steering knuckle . There's a ring on the back side with safety wires and that's where the grease and not gear oil is coming from so any help figuring that issue out would be appreciated. I'm not going to be in a big hurry to fix that , I was more worried about loosing a wheel bearing from the hub leaking, but sure would like to figure out why there's grease coming out around the starring knuckle as I don't see any kind of seal/gasket in the TM's in that location, but I will order the axle seal and have it just in case, thanks again :p If I knew how to post a pic of where it 's leaking it might be easier to understand

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks