• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need new M-1008 Voltmeter(28V scale)

captw

Hi guys...thanks to all who sent email pics and ideas on what the connections were at the fuel filter base on my M-1008...I've got just about all the electrical gremlins chased down, and one of them happens to be a bad voltmeter...I have voltage at the back of the meter, but no indication on the gauge itself, so I need one...does anybody have one that I could purchase?...I can get an aftermarket one, but I'd prefer an original, if there's one to be had...thanks...Wilf

Sam27

Make sure yours is really broken. There are three terminals on the back; the one is obviously ground, but there are two others with the orange wire connected to one and the other just hanging open. There should be a white resistor thing in between. Try connecting 12V or 24V across the unused one and ground. When I did this on mine that I thought was broken, it went off the scale. It turns out that the resistor thing failed to open circuit. If this is the case, you can plug 300-350 ohms across there and it should work about right. Make sure they are healthy resistors, like 1 watt, since there will be some current flowing.