• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New accomodation

kroctec

Hi Guys,

Haven't posted much for a while mostly as I have been away from home. Anyways I have just fitted an ex mil (British army) communications box on my Unimog 1450L DoKa, at 9 feet long it should be great for supporting 1 or 2 people for sleeping, eating etc. At the moment it is an empty canvas so there is plenty of work to be done.

It is wide enough to sleep across and I plan on having my bunk in the front above the cut out which gives clearance over the aux diesel tank (heating and generator supply), the generator (when I get around to fitting it) and the air con condensor. The box construction is a sandwich of aluminum sheets with insulating foam between.

best regards from Dave Gudmunsen

PS comments and questions welcomed

Attachments

Last edited:

kroctec

I live in a small settlement called Mellon Charles (about 40 houses) on the west coast of Scotland (Longitude 5.6345º east: Latitude 57.8600º north). The Unimog was photographed at Wastwater in the English Lake District (UK National Park)